The global keratoconus treatment market has been assessed as a progressing market and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% and attain USD 427.5 Million by the end of 2023, proclaims Market Research Future (MRFR) in a minutely analysed research report. Advancement in diagnostics and treatment options along with rising prevalence of keratoconus is the primary driver of the market growth. The government in various countries have end evoked towards raising awareness regarding the disease and provide various aids to patients suffering from keratoconus which boosts the growth of the market.
Moreover, the market players are pouring in money for the development of novel therapies for the disease which has been a plus for the market growth. Moreover, the rise in a number of approvals by the FDA for various new drugs and treatments bolsters the growth of the Keratoconus Treatment Market.
The global keratoconus treatment market has been segmented based on type, diagnosis, treatment, and end users.
- By type, the market has been segmented into forme fruste keratoconus, corneal hydrops, keratoglobus, pellucid marginal degeneration, posterior keratoconus, and others.
- By diagnosis, the market has been segmented into computerized corneal mapping, keratometry, slit-lamp examination, refraction test, and others. The Slit-lamp examination segment has been further segmented into tonometry, vision testing, and others.
- By treatment, the market has been segmented into Lenses, Surgery, and others. Lenses segment is further segmented into eyeglasses or soft contact lenses, hard contact lenses, piggyback lenses, hybrid lenses, scleral lenses, and others. Surgery segment is further segmented into corneal inserts, cornea transplant, and others. Collagen cross-linking is still in the research process, and more study is required to implement this treatment option.
- By end users, the market has been segmented into eye hospitals clinics, medical research centers, academic institutes, and others.
The notable players operating in the global Keratoconus Treatment Market include
- Bausch Lomb Incorporated (US),
- CooperVision (US),
- Johnson Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (US),
- Novartis AG (Switzerland),
- SAFILENS S.R.L. (Italy),
- CIBA VISION (US),
- HOYA Vision Care (Singapore),
- Menicon Co., Ltd. (Japan),
- Optik Seis (Indonesia),
The global Keratoconus Treatment market spans across the regions of the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa. The Americas dominate the global keratoconus treatment market, led by the US. Advances in technology and rapid adoption of new treatments and therapies support the growth of the market in the region. Europe follows the Americas closely and is driven by substantial investment in RD for the development of new products. Germany is the key contributor to the Europe market. Asia Pacific is poised to emerge as the fastest growing market for the treatment of keratoconus owing to increasing awareness of the disease and high expenditure on healthcare in the region, China being the key contributor to the growth of the market. The Middle East Africa market is expected to have limited growth over the forecast period, although the Middle Eastern countries are expected to grow significantly.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 14
1.1 OVERVIEW 14
2 MARKET INTRODUCTION 15
2.1 SCOPE OF THE STUDY 15
2.2 RESEARCH OBJECTIVE 15
2.3 LIST OF ASSUMPTIONS 16
3 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 17
3.1 OVERVIEW 17
3.2 DATA MINING 17
3.3 SECONDARY RESEARCH 18
3.4 PRIMARY RESEARCH 19
3.4.1 PRIMARY INTERVIEWS AND INFORMATION GATHERING PROCESS 19
3.4.2 BREAKDOWN OF PRIMARY RESPONDENTS 20
3.5 FORECASTING TECHNIQUES 21
3.6 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY FOR MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION 22
3.6.1 BOTTOM-UP APPROACH 22
3.6.2 TOP-DOWN APPROACH 23
3.7 DATA TRIANGULATION 24
3.8 VALIDATION 24
4 MARKET DYNAMICS 25
4.1 INTRODUCTION 25
4.2 DRIVERS 26
4.2.1 INCREASING INCIDENCE AND PREVALENCE OF THE KERATOCONUS DISORDER 26
4.2.2 INCREASING ULTRAVIOLET AND SUN EXPOSURE 26
4.2.3 FAVORABLE GOVERNMENT FUNDING 27
4.3 RESTRAINTS 28
4.3.1 LACK OF AWARENESS 28
4.3.2 SIDE-EFFECTS OF KERATOCONUS TREATMENT 28
4.4 OPPORTUNITIES 29
4.4.1 EMERGING MARKETS OF KERATOCONUS TREATMENT 29
5 MARKET FACTOR ANALYSIS 30
5.1 VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS 30
5.1.1 RD AND DESIGNING 31
5.1.2 MANUFACTURING 31
5.1.3 DISTRIBUTION 31
5.1.4 MARKETING SALES 31
5.2 PORTER’S FIVE FORCES MODEL 31
5.2.1 THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS 32
5.2.2 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS 32
5.2.3 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTES 33
5.2.4 BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS 33
5.2.5 INTENSITY OF RIVALRY 33
5.3 COVID-19 IMPACT ANALYSIS 33
5.3.1 IMPACT ON MARKET GROWTH 33
5.3.2 IMPACT ON DEMAND AND SUPPLY 34
5.3.3 IMPACT ON MAJOR PLAYERS 34
TOC Will be Continue...
In August 2018, the FDA approved the first medication to treat keratoconus, which is a rare eye disease. An Italian company can sell the drug named Oxervate in the US and has also been approved by the European Medicines Agency.
Market Research Future (MRFR) enable customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research Consulting Services.
Market Research Future (part of Wantstats Research and Media Private Limited),
99 Hudson Street,5Th Floor, New York,
New York 10013